[Healeys] Tach rebuild

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 14:58:26 MST 2020

Considering all the different responses to the "Tach rebuild" question from
John, it's like asking, "what's the best....".  Everyone has their own
experiences.  I guess I was one of the lucky ones.  I installed my Pertronix
in July of 2000.  There was no effect on the tachometer.  In June of 2004,
my tach started reading incorrectly.  Based upon an article by Frank
Filangeri (source unknown), "BJ8 Tachometer Reads High", I swapped out the
capacitor marked ".2 uf" drilled a hole in the back of the case to access
the adjustable pot on the back of the circuit board, and after reinstalling
the tach in the dashboard, calibrated it to match an external tachometer.
It has been running accurately ever since.

Lucky Len
(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031