[Healeys] clutch wanted

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 25 13:25:01 MST 2020

Hi all,  A few years ago I had a slipping clutch on my BT7 and embarked on
changing the pressure plate, clutch disc and throw bearing.  The replacement
parts were from Borg & Beck, the EOM.  However, I had some serious problems
with the clutch disc as they had just changed the design of the cages that
retain the springs.  I had the g'box out and in again three times and was
getting very quick at it, although that is not a skill I ever wanted to
excel in.  In the end, I cleaned up the pressure plate and de-greased the
old clutch disc plate, and put the old stuff back in and it has been
functioning fine, albeit I know the pressure plate is still scored somewhat.
I am rebuilding the motor this winter and as I will dynamically balance the
rotating parts, I want to put a new pressure plate in so they can be
balanced together.  Although the problem with the clutch a few years ago was
not with the pressure plate, and I suspect B&B have fixed the problem with
the clutch disc as this seemed to be a unique problem, I still have a
preference for using an NOS pressure plate, or at least an older, but unused
replacement B&B pressure plate.  I have since secured an NOS clutch disc
(thanks Mike Salter!).

My question to the group is whether anyone has an older but new (i.e.,
unused) 10" B&B pressure plate that is surplus to needs and that they would
part with?

Many thanks for any help provided.

Mirek

('59 BT7)