[Healeys] Tach rebuild

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 24 14:57:56 MST 2020

Palo Alto Speedometer rebuilt mine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of John OBrien
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 12:24 PM
To: Healeys <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tach rebuild

Hi Listers:

The tach on  my BJ8 does not show the correct RPMs.  On a cool morning it shows what I believe is fairly close to the right numbers, but as the car warm, or the day warms, it reads higher and higher for the same speed.  I know it is not the clutch slipping.   I saw some articles in Healey Marque magazine showing how to rebuild and test them, but it requires a oscilloscope and some other specialized equipment I don't have, so I'm wondering if you guys have a recommendation for someone that might rebuild them.

I imagine there is also some info in the archives, but my antivirus software flags the archive site as a malicious website and doesn't want to let me access it.

Thanks for any info.

John O'Brien

'61 bugeye (Lucy)

'65 BJ8 (Madelyn)