[Healeys] Tach rebuild

John OBrien banjojohn at cox.net
Tue Nov 24 13:23:44 MST 2020

Hi Listers:

The tach on  my BJ8 does not show the correct RPMs.  On a cool morning
it shows what I believe is fairly close to the right numbers, but as the
car warm, or the day warms, it reads higher and higher for the same
speed.  I know it is not the clutch slipping.   I saw some articles in
Healey Marque magazine showing how to rebuild and test them, but it
requires a oscilloscope and some other specialized equipment I don't
have, so I'm wondering if you guys have a recommendation for someone
that might rebuild them.

I imagine there is also some info in the archives, but my antivirus
software flags the archive site as a malicious website and doesn't want
to let me access it.

Thanks for any info.

John O'Brien

'61 bugeye (Lucy)