[Healeys] Mystery leak.

Leonard Berkowitz DrBerkowitz at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:55:00 MST 2020

So I was finally able to check the tightness of the pipe to float bowl and it seems to be ok. I also removed the float and there dis gasoline in the bowl but only below the orifice leading to the tube to the jet. Didn’t see any evidence of a crack or hole in the bowl. Now I will need to remove the carburetor in order to change the jet and tube. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting only the rear carb off. So far I have tried every contortion I can but can’t get to the lower front nut.  I think I will need to remove both carbs in order to get the rear carb out. It has been 20-30 years since I last rebuilt the carbs and don’t remember exactly how I did it.