[Healeys] Long road trip

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 10:57:11 MST 2020

I'm too lazy to count my earthly rotations, but I look at my life to
date as: BAH and AAH* (roughly evenly split). When I bought my BJ8 I
rediscovered my love of cars--dormant since my teenage years--and with
my father's tutelage began to acquire my (meager) mechanical skills.
After my dad started helping me with my car--and drove it 600 miles over
two days to 'break in the engine'--he decided he didn't dislike 'foreign
cars' after all and, all on his own found and bought our BN2/100M, which
we restored together over 10 years (while he fought two bouts with
cancer). My son--who just finished a 260-day tour on a Navy cruiser on
the South China Sea--helped a little, but hasn't yet 'caught the bug,'
but enjoyed taking a couple long road trips with his old man. My annual
road trips with my BFF were usually the highlights of my solar orbits.

We lost Dad two years ago this December at 87 years-old, he'd hoped to
make it to 90 because "It's a nice round number." You'll have to excuse
me, I seem to have gotten some wildfire smoke in my eyes.

Bob

* 'Before Austin-Healey' and 'After Austin-Healey'