[Healeys] Denis Welch, the Royal Mail and a mid week Rant

larry at patersondesign.ca larry at patersondesign.ca
Wed May 27 17:41:12 MDT 2020

An expedited parcel from the US to me in Canada took three weeks  to arrive
Larry

On Wed, 27 May 2020 19:02:09 -0400, Bob Hakell <rchaskell at earthlink.net> wrote:

I have a package shipped via Royal Mail/USPS sitting in customs in
Chicago.  USPS states that it can take up to 45 days to clear customs.
20 days so far.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar

On 5/27/20 6:08 PM, Michael MacLean wrote:
> If some of you remember I was on the list asking about original type and
> after market type tappets for my BN2 engine build.  I finally decided to
> buy the modified tappet that Denis Welch sells.  (cost with shipping
> $110)  These are the same after market types that the usual suspects
> sell, but Welch machines a flat groove on two sides to aid oil drainage
> back to the pan.  With shipping by Royal Mail (the cheapest) I bought
> them on May 5th.  They are still in transit with no scheduled delivery
> date according to the United States Post Office.  For some odd reason
> they sat at the airport in the UK for almost a week before departing for
> the States.  Once here (Miami, FL) they sat there for several more days
> before entering the USPS system.  I purposely avoided the alternative
> offered by DW (UPS).  I have been hearing from several sources UPS is
> having problems and to avoid them.  Maybe I should have sprung for the
> UPS charges, even though they were substantially more.  Not sure who is
> at fault here;  me, Welch or the Royal Mail.   Just a note of caution if
> you are thinking of buying anything from a UK supplier through the Royal
> Mail.
> Mike MacLean

Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net