[Healeys] Bumper support brackets

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Sun May 17 16:12:54 MDT 2020

In a land far, far away, 2500 miles west of California…a land of sunshine and rain.  Little English beasts , known as Austin Healeys, used to inhabit the hills and valleys, mountains and shorelines. The sun kept them warm, the rain and salty air often moistened their lightly protected steel underbellies and the dreaded enemy of the beasts brought upon them a scourge, RUST. On many occasions during four decades living among the beasts, in the land of sunshine and rain, I witnessed the results of the scourge. In several cases the scourge caused body parts to fall off the beasts, including the shiny steel bars that originally graced the front and rear of the beast.

The rear bar had more protection but the front suffered from over exposure.  The little retaining tubes that faithfully held the shiny bar to the underbelly would succumb to the scourge and the bar would eventually droop and the death rattle could be heard as the beasts would traverse the land of sunshine and rain.

Fortunately there was several hearty souls that cared for the beasts in their time of testing and trials. This was in the days before the Master, Kilmartin, recreated every part of the beasts that had contracted the scourge.  Back then, crude substitutes for the original wonderfully formed underbellies where made to replace the damaged areas and re-establish the connections between the underbelly and the shiny bars supports.

As stories go, the little beasts would let out a small puff of smoke just to let everyone know how glad they were for the attention received. A smile and a shiny bar….what more could we ask for, except maybe an electrician.

Hope everyone is safe and well in this time of difficulty for many. 😊
Perry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10