[Healeys] BSF Taps and Dies

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed May 13 09:17:51 MDT 2020

My (somewhat limited) experience is that the so-called 'dies' are really
only thread chasers. If you try to use them to actually thread, say, a
pipe or rod the die will wander laterally and you won't get a straight
thread. I don't know if actual 'dies' are available outside a machine
shop but, probably the only way to get a straight thread is with a lathe.