[Healeys] Part III Knock offs

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun May 10 20:47:01 MDT 2020

I struggled with this quandry for years (partly because I got tired of
having all my work clothes having a circular stain on them).  As noted,
anti-seize is intended for and most useful for threads where grease
would get cooked off, like spark plugs; it's not intended to be a good
lubricant, even though, like most greases, it's oil with a thickener
(moly, lithium, etc.).  I believe even the best splined hubs will have a
teensy bit of ratchet-like movement, and since the hubs don't get all
that hot grease would be the better lubricant.  I usually use wheel
bearing grease, as it's thicker, designed for warm applications and
persistent.

Bob