[Healeys] Saturday Night Rant

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat May 2 22:13:36 MDT 2020

Here's today's Healey 100 rant.  As you can see in the picture of the eight lifters, two are not the same as the rest.  I bought these several years ago from Vicky Brit and they all had the same part number, but they are not the same.  Two of them have eight holes in the body.  The rest have three holes.  The two that are different are almost an eighth of an inch shorter than the other six.  That can't be good.  These are the things I run into that slows progress on this engine.  I suspect the two different ones are for a different application.  Can someone tell me what the correct overall height of a 100-4 cam follower is?  For all I know I might only have two correct lifters.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android