[Healeys] Early 3000 badging.

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Tue Mar 10 20:40:11 MDT 2020

Folks- in order to interest the US buyer, BMC tried to show LHD cars
in their literature. Since they already had this stock photo for the
home market; they simply "flopped" (printing term) the picture to put
the steering wheel correct. They hoped you would not see the
incorrectly located badge or licence plate letters they obliterated.
They would read backward...so would the hair part.

	The change point from 100-6 to 3000 was in March 1959 at Chassis
BN4/77766 and BN6/4650 into 3000 chassis 101. I'm sure they had a box
of 100-6 badges and horn buttons on the line and, knowing the fugal
British, they kept installing them on grilles and steering wheels
"until the stock was exhausted" (USE). That terminology is in their
parts books. Who knows what cars originally got those items? Surmise
the March build date listed on your BLM certificate would be the best
indicator of badge overflow. Hank (healeyhelper.com)