[Healeys] Odd steering attachment

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Mar 7 16:57:25 MST 2020

Hello

In the steering of real Healeys, (those built at Warwick) all the steering arms are connected to a triangular plate directly under the radiator that cushions any kickbacks from road undulations, bumps etc. It works really well in that regard.

The production cost of the front suspension of real Healeys must have been prohibitive in comparison to the Austin parts-bin suspension fitted to Austin-Healeys. Geoff Healey in one of his books did say that the Austin designed suspension did work better than the Healey design.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia