[Healeys] Differential vs BN2 OVERDRIVE

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:15:47 MST 2020

One consideration regarding the use of 1st gear is the durability of said
gear. With a count of only 13 the straight cut teeth on the laygear tend to
wear very quickly when subjected to any sort of load.
Although laygears and 1st gears are available rebuilding a gearbox is not
an inexpensive exercise so starting off gently in 2nd gear is HIGHLY
recommended.