[Healeys] Stock Cooling Fan CFM

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Thu Jun 25 08:00:35 MDT 2020

Listers
About a month ago I posted to the list looking for a verification of a CFM calculation of the  stock 4 blade fan on a 100.
Bill Atterbury responded that my numbers looked like they were off by a factor of 10. Bill was correct.
After revisiting the question it looks like the CFM should be approximately:
Fan specs: 	Pitch= 1-1/8 inch
       Overall diameter=14.75 inches
CFM @ 700 RPM =310 CFM
CFM @1000 RPM =444 CFM
CFM @4000 RMP= 1776 CFM

So if you wonder why a small 12 inch electric fan that puts out 1250 CFM (FlexALite#111) seems to cool the 100 a lot better at idle
this may help to explain it, unless of course I have made another mistake.
Thanks
Perry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10