[Healeys] Vapor Lock caused by heat from engine on fuel lines

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:13:25 MDT 2020

Gentlemen:

Here is a comment in Hemmings: https://tinyurl.com/ychuac87

Which puts the matter to rest.

I will use Heat Shroud Aluminized Sleeving for Ultimate Heat Shield
Protection Barrier Cover As offered by Amazon, Grainger, Summit and others
to reduce the chance of Vapor Lock rather than clothes pins.

I should have wrapped my exhaust pipes with heat covers before installing
them earlier this year.  More logical to reduce heat from effecting the fuel
and carbs from operating.

Another couple of things to do on my Healey so I can drive long distances
comfortably in South Florida.

By the way, I wrapped my exhaust pipes from my diesel engine in my sailboat
to reduce the amount of heat in the cabin when motoring to make in more
comfortable.  Something the boat makers did not do when building the boat.
Also, I added 3 times the heat and sound barrier to the engine compartment
for the same reason.  Just as I have done to the floor, firewall and tunnel
of my Healey.

Bob Begani