[Healeys] Tapitty tapping of Fuel Pump

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 11:55:34 MDT 2020

I am going to assume by "draw heat away from the fuel line" you mean they block the heat from the exhaust system from being absorbed by the fuel line. That would mean that they act as an insulator between the heat source & the cooler fuel & fuel line. A cloths pin is about 1/2" wide. To have any measurable effect at all you would have to line the fuel line with cloths pins for several feet. The purpose of a heat sink is to rapidly transfer heat from the heat source (exhaust) to another fluid (fuel line). Luckily, wood is not a good material for a heat sink.
Gary