[Healeys] Cleaning wire wheels

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 13:29:57 MDT 2020

I can't see any problems, just don't use a really harsh detergent/soap;
Simple Green, the orange stuff, etc. should be OK. Dry them off well
after cleaning.

The only issue I had with chrome wires was a cleaning system from Eagle
available years ago. It was two-part, with a cleaner and a 'neutralizer'
(indicating the cleaner was either acidic or caustic; I think it was
acidic). A wheel tuning technician cleaned my wheels with a caustic
(lye) solution, and chunks of the chrome flaked off. I think it was due
to the Eagle cleaner, because it became unavailable after a couple years
but, of course, it could have been from the caustic solution (though he
did lots of wheels and hadn't had the problem before).

Bob