[Healeys] Master cylinder bore

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:33:49 MDT 2020

Listers,

I took the car out for a nice long drive this morning (100+ miles round
trip).  About 15 miles from home, on the way back, the brake pedal slowly
went to the floor.  A quick pump and the brakes stopped the car without a
problem.

So now I need to repair/replace the master cylinder.  What size cylinder
bore do I have?   The car is a 1964 BJ8, MK III with the brake booster.
The chassis number is 29009.  Do I have a 78" or a 3/4" bore.  My manual
does not indicate the bore size.

Should I repair or replace it?  I am inclined to repair if there are
quality parts available.  It seems that a quality master cylinder
replacement  is not readily available.

Thanks for some sound advice,

Fred Wescoe