[Healeys] interesting BN1 "survivor"

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 27 16:36:12 MDT 2020

Hello

According to Clausager, the ‘Austin of England’ badge was changed to the ‘Austin-Healey’ badge in August 1954, but he does not supply a chassis or body number. The reflector pods were introduced at the same time.

According to Quinn (for what’s that worth) the Austin-Healey badging was changed to ‘Austin Healey’ during the change from the BT7 Mk2 Roadster to the BJ7. I think I have looked at a zillion cars (impossible of course) and noted the hyphen with the roadsters and not with the convertibles.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia