[Healeys] Fwd: HD8 dashpot damper part #s

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jul 20 20:34:05 MDT 2020

From: richard mayor <boyracer466 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 20 July 2020 6:07 a.m.
To: Roger Grace <roggrace at telus.net>
Cc: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs at chello.nl>; healeys <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: HD8 dashpot damper part #s

Are the brass caps vented?  In my earlier post about the various caps I had on some sets of HD8s, one of the caps was AUC 8114.  A responder pointed out that that cap came on a tri-carb set up. Looking more closely I noticed there was no vent hole in that cap. Why?  Because the carbs on the tri-carb set up had vents in the dashpots. HD8 dashpots are not vented so the cap should be to be vented.

Just to throw the cat in amongst the pigeons, whilst the BJ8 HD8s are dustless non-vented – Jaguar HD8s ARE vented.

I have a pair currently sitting on my work bench.  So if Roger has a set of those on his car, he should be using non-vented dampers.

Mark

Ardmore, NZ

I'm just guessing, but would happen if a non vented cap is put on an HD8 carb?  Would the oil get sucked out of the carb?