[Healeys] Carb tuning kit WAS: HS4 Tri-carb tuning

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jul 7 09:24:35 MDT 2020

Tom,

I don't have mine handy, but from memory:

The two black plastic rod-looking things go into the center of the
vacuum pistons. In those go the 90-deg bent wires. With these you can
see the pistons rise and fall, so as to even airflow. They also allow
ballpark 1/32 piston lifts to check mixture.

The small brass plug-looking thing is a jet-centering tool that goes in
place of a jet; very handy if you're doing a complete overhaul and
replacing the jets.

By far the most useful tool is the small wrench that looks like the tool
some people use to floss; it's the only way I can get to the jet
adjusting nuts on my BN2. Any other tool--wrench, pliers, etc.--would be
almost impossible to use with the carbs on the car.

All in all, a simple but useful collection of tools. Did I miss any?

Bob