[Healeys] To Cable or Not to Cable

richard mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:17:17 MDT 2020

I prefer a throttle cable over the all that complicated stock linkage.
Here's what I did and it works beautifully.

The clamp that attaches to the gas pedal cross shaft is from a BJ8. I
welded an extension arm onto the clamp and drilled a number of holes. That
way I could move the clevis to the hole that gave me just the right amount
of throw to the cable.

As you can see, the bracket is attached to the footwell using the two
machine screws that secure the stock cross shaft bushing. I am using a
teflon bushing.