[Healeys] Replacement Door Trim Seals ( Furflex / Bristleflex ? )

Graeme Molony gmolony1 at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 22 17:44:38 MST 2020

Hi guys,

Need your assistance. My Healey was restored approximately 30 years ago  ( photo enclosed ) in non original
colours and interior and it now requires the replacement of both the Furflex / Bristelflex ( not sure what name
they go by in the US ) seals around both doors and on the windscreen support pillars but as you can see from
the interior photo attached hereto the seals were colour coordinated  with the original biscuit coloured trim.

I have checked with all of the usual suspects in Australia and on line and it appears the only colours of any
good quality weather proof seals are in the original colours of black,blue,red or green.

The original seals were an English product called Furflex and with the light aluminium interior clips are
highly suspect to damage

I know Martin Macgregor was at one stage manufacturing and selling a product called Bristelflex in a
variety of colours which I understand was of a good quality but he is almost impossible  to get hold of
from down under.

Does any one have the name of a supplier, contact details etc. that I could contact that may stock a seal
of a suitable colour for my car . I think you guys would probably call the colour Beige

Thanks in anticipation

Graeme  Molony
( BJ8 )