[Healeys] Water Pumps

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 08:46:45 MST 2020

As you point out Bob, a Zerk fitting with sealed bearings is a worry.
I also notice that the plug in the body of the 100 pump is an Allen head
and what's the bet that the heater nipple on that pump is required because
the thread is not the unusual 5/8"  16T.P.I. thread required by the
original tap.
I also notice that the 100 pump rad hose connector has a bulb end.
On the 6 cylinder pump I don't like the look of that short cartridge
bearing which, with the load imparted by a "V" belt, will almost certainly
have limited life because of the decreased race spread.

Why do they insist on reinventing the wheel?