[Healeys] [OT] Australian Fires

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 3 16:55:41 MST 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, 4 January 2020 7:27 a.m.
To: Healeys <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] [OT] Australian Fires

Almost hourly we're getting worse news about the terrible fires raging in southern Australia.  Of course, there's nothing we can do from here but hope for the best for our Aussie Healey brethren, and all Aussies, really.  Over the years, I've found the Australians to be some of the most enthusiastic Healey lovers--Larry, Chris, Mark, the Kilmartins  (and Patrick and Caroline Quinn in the Blue Mountains, NW of Sydney)  and others I can't think of offhand--and are always helpful (and pretty damn funny to boot).

As a Californian, though not directly affected by our recent wildfires--except for particularly bad air--I can, at least, try to relate at keep you all in my thoughts.  Be safe.

Bob

On behalf of our Australian friends we thank you for your concern, Bob.

Even though we are 1,400 miles east of the Australian coast here in NZ the westerly blows the smoke our way, and has been for a month now.

We see it up here in Auckland province, but it is much thicker in the South Island.

It has even turned parts of our Southern Alps and glaciers a caramel colour.

It brings back memories of the ordeal poor Steven K went through in Paradise in 2019.

We feel for our Aussie friends and keep a close eye on their excellent RFS (Rural Fire Service) web site.

Mark

Ardmore, Auckland

NZ

Some of you will have visited Queenstown.  These two pics are a real eye-opener.  Michael S, I recall your folks have a home there.