[Healeys] Ride height, continued

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 10:19:51 MST 2020

I am just back from measuring and the car is in fact low on the left *both
back AND front *(as many of you predicted) by between 3/8" to 1/2" (+/-
1/16").

The actual ground clearance measurements from the concrete floor to the
points of intersection of the transverse cross-members and the chassis
rails--within the tolerances of a 4' spirit level and a steel tape--are:

Front left: 6-1/8" . Front right: 6-5/8"
Rear left: 7-0" Rear right: 7-3/8"

I don't know the source of the fore and aft rake but I really cannot notice
it and in any case it does not bother me. The lean to the left does disturb
me esthetically, and btw it is probably a bit greater when I am on board.
However, given the tolerances of parts for our cars, etc. I wonder if it is
worth doing anything or, in the words of Mick Mulvaney, should I just get
over it?

Best--Michael Oritt