[Healeys] boot hinges

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Wed Jan 1 07:11:33 MST 2020

Hello Keith,
The hinge on the picture looks identical to an Ausstin-Healey boot hinge. I
will check for the exact dimensions this afternoon. The hinges for the
Daimler SP250 are different. They are higher, more profiled, even you can
use the Austin-Healey hinges for the Daimler SP250. I own both type of
cars, so I know.
The quality of the aftermarket hinges are different. That could be the
reason the AH Spares hinges are more expensive. But I have to say most
aftermarket hinges are anyway far inferior in quality of the chrome and
very "wavy" compared to original hinges. Best your friend let have the
original hinges rechromed. That´s what I do.

Josef eckert
Königswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----