[Healeys] Austin-Healey 100 on ebay

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Feb 25 05:37:56 MST 2020

Hello

I saw that car online a few months back and I’m afraid it’s not one a BN3, missing or not.

Look closely at the footwells and you will see that they are 100/6 or 3000. Yes it does have a centre shift box and a much later 3000 engine.

My car is BN3/1 and it is also the first 2+2 while BN3/4 has been restored and is in the Healey Museum in the Netherlands. BN3/4 while nine inches longer is not a 2+2, but is a very interesting car with a de Dion rear end and front suspension attached to a sub-frame. BN3/1 is built on a pre-production chassis and is fitted with standard 100 panels including bonnet albeit with louvres.

Logic tells me that if there is a BN3/1 and a BN3/4, there is likely to be a BN3/2 and BN3/3, but neither has never surfaced.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia