[Healeys] Facet Cube 12v Fuel Pump, 1/8 NPT, 2-3.5 psi | Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 06:46:43 MST 2020

Many good points (yuk yuk) are made in this string and much of the answer
probably lies with different personal experiences, philosophy re
originality, tolerance for potential roadside repair, etc. etc.

Several years back I installed a double-headed SU Dave Dubois rebuilt and
converted to solid-state mounted, with a bit of customization, where the
original SU did, which previously had been backed up by a FACET cube
spliced into the fuel line inside the wheel arch.  Both setups were/are
wired with an on-off-on switch mounted discreetly behind the driver's seat.

Plus's for this set up:  Instant redundancy for the motor with fewer
plumbing fittings and wires, plus what I feel is a certain elegance for
having an upgraded SU part tucked away out of plain site.  The biggest
negative is that the pump section is shared, and if it fails it fails to
both motors.

Personally I do not like cube pumps of any brand and on my
Weber-carb'd race cars, both of which have Weber DCOE 45's, I use a Carter
4070 plumbed through a Holly fuel pressure regulator.  Fuel pump failure
during racing is, to me, unacceptable and the Carters have been foolproof
in race conditions since installation over ten years ago.  However for a
street Healey I am willing to run the risk of a roadside repair such as
that pictured by Bob Spidell, and do carry a FACET cube which I can install
into the fuel circuit given some rubber tubing, clamps, etc.

Different strokes....

Best--Michael Oritt