[Healeys] Fuel Line BSPP Olive and Nut

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 19:16:04 MST 2020

Harold,

*BSPP* or British Standard Pipe Parallel is one of the five basic
"Whitworth" Thread Form fasteners used on Austin Healeys.  The other four
include in the order of most to least prevalent...* BSF* (British Standard
Fine),  *BSW* (British Standard Whitworth), *BSPT* (British Standard Pipe
Tapered), and lastly  *BSB* (British Standard Brass).

Whitworth fasteners are those fasteners that by definition (The British
Standards) have a 55 degree thread pitch angle versus the 60 degree thread
pitch angle of most other fasteners.  Also the TPI or (Threads Per Inch)
are in most, BUT NOT ALL cases different from their UNF/UNC counterparts.
Finally the hex sizes are different but contrary to popular belief, it is
NOT the head size that determines whether a fastener is Whitworth or not,
it is in fact the thread pitch angle of 55 degrees (as previously stated).

Cheers,

Curt