[Healeys] Voltmeter Repair

R. Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:35:43 MST 2020

My voltmeter stopped working yesterday.

I have done some checking and it looks like all my gauges are taking 22 - 24 volts. The alternator is producing 80+ volts while the battery is at 14.5 volts with the engine running and 12.5 with it off.

Does this sound normal?  Is there some kind of resistor in the gauges to step down the voltage?  Could it be a diode?

Thank you for any help?

Price Lindsay

Cell: 630-841-6300
Email: 050.rpl at gmail.com