[Healeys] Brass Plaque

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sat Dec 12 10:31:27 MST 2020

Patrick,

I have never seen that Brass Plaque before but I will suggest it could be
very rare. This is what I think it is.

The car it came from is a Healey 100 BN1 with a Laycock de Normanville
series 1260 overdrive and the 4 speed transmission from the A70/A90 with 1st
gear blocked. The rear axle ratio is 8/33 (4.125 to 1) and the tires are
Dunlop Road Speed.  The chassis number of the car is prior to 140205 and the
car was most likely built before August 1953. I suspect the car had a
speedometer in MPH but he car was exported to a country where the speed
limits were in kilometres per hour.

According to the Clausager book only a handful of these cars were built with
the 1260 overdrive and even fewer were exported to a country with km speed
limits.

I trust this helps,

Harold
  _____