[Healeys] Carb hardware removal

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Tue Dec 1 15:42:16 MST 2020

Small hands are good-I don't have them, but I use a combination of
things to get the nuts back on the studs. Stubby wrenches are a plus,
but plan on some time at each stud. Here is a photo of how I treat the
inner air cleaner nut and washer on the BJ8 rear carb to r & r it
without it falling into the open frame rail. Using a screwdriver and a
magnet you can safely get it started, then roll it on with the tip of
the screwdriver. Another "trick" I sometimes use is a piece of masking
tape-rolled sticky side out attached to the end of a ice cream stick
with the nut & lockwasher stuck to it. You can get the nut started
then figure how to get it tightened. These cars were engineered to be
assembled, someway, at the factory and never was there any
consideration as to field maintainance. Hank

Healeys"