[Healeys] Throttle linkage lubrication

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Aug 29 09:01:38 MDT 2020

Wow! That's going the extra parsec. I looked mine over when I
reinstalled the engine at 208K miles, and they were fine. I replaced
one, but it wasn't because of wear; I managed to screw something up. I
put a little grease in the sockets, but that was the first time.

What really wears is the throttle cross-shaft bushes (brass/rubber;
brass was OK, rubber was shot); the new nylon/teflon--I've seen them
called both--replacements designed by Eric Grunden are da bomb.