[Healeys] Non-Healey related batteries issue

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Aug 11 13:33:14 MDT 2020

Len Hartnett wrote:
> The process for bring a dead battery back to life involves connecting a good battery in parallel with the dead battery.  This sends a message to the charger that there is a battery that needs charging.  After the dead battery reaches a few volts of charge, the good battery can be disconnected and the charger should continue charging.

I've had similar bad luck with a smart charger that was too smart for itself. The method I've used is to use a non-smart (stupid?) manual charger to kick it with some juice to bring it up to the smart-charger's minimum voltage, then remove the non-smart charger and finish with the smart charger.

Kent McLean
1956 100 BN2