[Healeys] non-Healey puzzle

John Harper ah100register at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:07:19 MDT 2020

Sarah

It is a mechanical dip. Rather than having two filaments these only had
one. To dip the whole reflector unit tilted. This was fitted to the off
side unit with a further contact that switched off the nearside;
permanently fixed bulb (lamp). In the 'up' position both headlamps would be
on but when dipped just the offside lamp lit pointed down and the nearside
was off