[Healeys] Armstrong Shock ID

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 11:24:52 MDT 2020

Hi Bob; The 2 attached files contain the information you seek.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

    On Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:51:24 p.m. EDT, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

 Listers,

Years ago I acquired some parts from a guy cleaning out his garage in
SF. As far as I can tell, they all came from a BJ8--certainly, the
exhaust did--but I also got a couple front shocks and three rears. As
one of my car's shocks was, er, 'retrofitted' with a larger bolt due to
a stripped captive nut--I didn't have/think of helicoils at the time
(and was under some time pressure)--I would like to have one of the
front shocks rebuilt by WorldWide, but want to confirm it is indeed for
a BJ8. I read years ago that there are some identifying marks that can
help identify a shock's 'provenance,' but I've long since lost the
reference and/or brain cells; does anyone have a handy Armstrong parts
table, or know the secret to identifying a given shock's application?

TIA,
Bob
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net