[Healeys] Radio speakers

Skip Saunders tfsbj7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:31:28 MDT 2020

In my restoration of "Gladys", I removed the original radio with attached
speaker from in front of the center console and replaced it with an air
conditioning system.... since I have no room left for a speaker, I am (not
yet completed) going to install a bluetooth radio which allows cell phone
or any other source device to connect to the sound system of the car.  I've
found a small bluetooth unit, and am going to wire speakers the same place
I used in 1966 for my 1963 Healey:  the footwells :-).    There is a lot of
room up under the passenger side footwell (where the pedal box would be
located for a RHD car, and a great sounding woofer can be placed there.
Smaller speakers can be mounted on either side of the center console for
the mid-range and high range tones.   When driving, the sound system is
most likely turned off...however when the car is parked for a picnic
(etc.), it is pleasant to have some nice tunes playing :-)   At least, that
was what I was doing in the 1960's  :-).