[Healeys] Oil Additives

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 10:31:20 MDT 2020

My understanding is that, yes, you CAN have too much ZDDP.  At higher
levels, zinc and/or the phosphorous in ZDDP can microscopically etch
metal surfaces.  I believe ZDDP was initially used for its detergent
properties, before its protective properties were noticed (but can't
prove it).  A pretty graph here, and you can always search on 'can there
be too much ZDDP:'

https://aaoil.co.uk/123579-2/