[Healeys] Drove the Healey today?!

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 19:35:20 MDT 2020

There are also O-rings on the two pistons that push against the strong
springs, disengage the cone clutch and lock the sun gear, which causes
the OD to engage.  These are supplied by the accumulator when the
operating cross-shaft is rotated by the solenoid; they have rings, too;
I believe earlier cars had steel rings and later ones have rubber
O-rings.  Unfortunately, the only way to inspect these pistons is
removal and break-down of the OD.

I have the DW 'uprated' accumulator--which is probably similar to if not
the same as a TR's (the liner is removed)--and it decreases OD
engagement time by at least a third.

Bob