[Healeys] BJ8 Top Frame

Engl engl at accesscomm.ca
Sat Apr 11 15:31:18 MDT 2020

Hello all

I’ve been putzing with the top frame on and off for about a year - since I decided to change the top. Old top fit ok, but decided to get a bit anal before I put the new top on. Frame was ever so slightly wonky so I fiddled with it - slightly better, not perfect, but hopefully ok.

When the top is dropped into the windscreen, the right hand side is about 1” short of where the left hand side is. Fiddled with the windscreen today and a bit better but still 3/4” short.

Took a look at the frame, and I think I might have found the issue. The frame mounting point on one side or the other might be out.

The attached photos show both sides. Note where the frame is in relation to the back of the door.

Ignoring the fact the wood is chipped on one side and the frame needs repainting, which is correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob