[Healeys] 3000 rear drum brake linings

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Tue Sep 24 18:49:39 MDT 2019

Just for fun thought about looking through the stash. The parts bin shows 94 used rear brake shoes with only 1 worn more than 50 percent of original lining thickness. That one is paper thin.  I had previously sent the info to Chris who asked the question.
Kept the cores in a time that new shoes was an Austin Healey owners dream and relined shoes was a way of life. Never found someone that was good enough to reline them.
I guess I was unknowingly just waiting for Chris to ask his question.
Hope you all are having a good day
Perry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>> Hi Men,
>> Serious question.
>> Has anyone on this list ever actually replaced their rear drum brake linings because they were worn out?
>> Not rear disc brakes. Not front brakes. Only 3000. Only rear drum brake linings.
>> Not because they were oil soaked, not misaligned worn, not because of unknown pedigree - I mean just plain old worn out?
>> I've never, ever, seen or heard of a set of worn out rear drum brake shoes on a 3000.
>> Let me know if you've ever worn out a set of rear brake linings - yes or no.
>> Feel free to elaborate on the yes - I've never seen or heard of any...
>> I'll reveal the method to my madness soon - but now, I'm collecting data - I don't think anyone has ever replaced rear drum brake linings on a Healey 3000 due to actually wearing them out!
>> Best
>> Chris

Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net