[Healeys] Clothespins on fuel lines – fact or fiction? | Hemmings Daily

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Sep 23 09:15:20 MDT 2019

 Koolmat sells an insulated sleeve that protects from heat as high as 1200 degrees by the foot.Mike MacLean

    On Monday, September 23, 2019, 7:37:30 AM PDT, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

 If this actually worked at all, I don't think it would do so on our
Healeys' flex lines near the carbs, where I think the fuel vaporization
takes place (and would likely be detrimental as it would pinch the lines
some, contributing to cavitation).  However, if a proper insulating
sleeve could be found ...

Bob

On 9/23/2019 6:56 AM, Richard Collins wrote:
> For those of us Healey folks suffering vapor lock in the summer:
> https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/09/20/clothespins-on-fuel-lines-fact-or-fiction/
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Richard of KY