[Healeys] 3000 Front Brakes

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Sep 17 22:02:45 MDT 2019

I want to thank everyone for their generous help and illustrations, YouTube videos and PDFs.  I think I am better armed to tackle this job now.  I guess I have BJ8 backing plates (and they were expensive) because the fit around the caliper plate is too tight.  So, now looking for some early backing plates.  I did purchase a rather good selection of shims, some I already had, but I will check them out with my calipers before installing in any order.  The instructions go n the assumption that you have disassembled a hub the way they explain putting it back together.  I am putting parts together that have not been together on this car before so I don't know what combination of shims to start with.  It will be just a little more trial and error.  I see from the illustrations that there are external star washers missing and a few other small parts.  It's a good thing I am not in a hurry.  Just want to do this right the first time, otherwise it could end up being an expensive, if not dangerous lesson to learn.  I'll keep you all up to date.  Thanks again.Mike M