[Healeys] 3000 Front Brakes

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Sep 17 14:14:22 MDT 2019

Can someone post a PDF of a service manual parts breakdown illustration of the front disc brakes of a 3000?  I see the picture in the Moss catalog, but I do not see the way the backplate attaches to the assembly.  Do I even need to attach the backplates?  Right now I have a bare swivel axle and need the assembly order of the brakes and extended splined hub.  As far as I can glean from all the info I have gathered so far, the caliper mounting plate should go on first, then the splined hub and disc assembly. (a major source of apprehension in itself)  After that I can assemble the caliper and brake line connections.  Did I miss something?  That kind of glosses the assembly over.  It's going to be more work than it sounds as I have never done anything other that drum brakes on the front of my Bugeye.  The splined hub installation with the shims and lining up the split pin sound like barrels of fun. It's finally cool enough nights to go back out into my garage and bust some knuckles.Mike MacLean