[Healeys] Front shock leaking

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Sep 10 08:23:24 MDT 2019

Hopefully, he'll chime in, but Peter Caldwell, our resident 'Armstrong
Expert' I believe says to fill a quarter-inch or so below the bottom of
the threaded fill hole.  You have to allow some head room for expansion,
and filling above a certain level serves no purpose (unless you have a
leaker and want to top up before a long trip).  Also, when he rebuilds
shocks he 'exercises' them on the bench so the dry fill gets properly
distributed.

Bob