[Healeys] Seats

Peter & Veronica greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Fri Sep 6 18:19:15 MDT 2019

Here’s what I remember Fred: first the obvious: the MX5 seats are MUCH more comfortable, with adjustable backrest and (some) fore and aft movement. You need to use the MX5 seat runners. On the 100, the seats fitted better swapped side for side (this on a RHD car) so you end up with the backrest adjustment on the inside. You also have to take the seat belt mounts off the seats (they’d be on the wrong side anyway) On my (RHD) car the driver’s seat has 3-4” fore and aft adjustment, less on the passenger side because of the shape of the transmission tunnel (this is a 6 cylinder one in my car because of the 700R4 auto trans (sorry Josef!) The seat doesn’t get in the way of the handbrake, although mine has a bit of a crank in it (it’s from a Series II Landrover!) I have the seat right back & reclined slightly – I’m about 5’ 9”. I might add that I had no seats (or much else!) as the car was resurrected from an abandoned wreck. This was a much more practical solution than spending a fortune on original style seats. (I guess you wouldn’t appreciate the Holden V6 motor, Wolseley 6/110 running gear etc either Josef!)

Cheers

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10