[Healeys] Seats

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 15:29:28 MDT 2019

List
This thread has stirred up some real discussion both pro and con.  I have
seen and considered this conversion after seeing a couple of cars at
various events over the years.  I did not have the opportunity to speak
with the owners however.

I would like to hear from those who have actually installed the Miata seats
or the MGB seats.  Both positive and negative comments.

How do the seats fit with the emergency break handle?  Is there room to
operate the break handle quickly and easily if there is an emergency?  With
the seats installed, how about the feel and fit position themselves?  Do
the seats face the dash squarely?  Does a taller driver fit in the car?
How much fore and aft travel do the seats really have?  For the taller
driver, as stated by someone, can the seats be "reclined" somewhat for a
better driving position and if so, how far?  Would those who have actually
made the switch do it again?

I try to keep my car as stock looking as possible.  So far, people only
notice the alternator.  But, that said, this conversion might be sensible,
keeping in mind both safety, comfort and control of the car.  This would
definitely change the look of the car.

Any comments?

Fred
66BJ8