[Healeys] Fwd: Re: headrest

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Fri Sep 6 08:57:10 MDT 2019

Skip,

I'd say the MGB seats would work well since the cars are similar in size.  The seat rails work the same way as a big Healey, but measurements would need to be taken to see how well it would all work.  And the seat back isn't really very thick.  The Healey seat backs are curved more, so the overall may be around the same.

Take a tape measure to a British car show near you and ask some of the owners if you can measure their seats.

Another advantage to using MGB ones are that you can get leather covers with maybe the exact same color as your Healey seats are.  I think that 1969 was the first year for headrests and they were leather.  Checking out a Moss catalog would tell you when they went to vinyl.

Charlie